Sunday, September 27, 2009

Trees!

Dave and I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to our gift card last month that allowed us to buy two trees and plant them in memory of my grandfather. We planted them a few weeks ago, but I wasn't able to get pictures until this weekend because of all of the rain we had.

I thought that sharing them on the family blog would be a great way to say thank you and allow you to see the direct impact your gift had on us!

Here's a shot of Dave and the redbud tree we planted in front of our house. We used to have another tree in this area, but we lost it during the ice storm in January.
And, here is a picture of Winston and the magnolia tree we planted in our backyard. Dave and I both love magnolias, and we can't wait to see this one get bigger!

Planting trees really was the perfect way to celebrate my grandfather's life. We plan to install a few landscaping lights with the money we have left on the card with the idea that his light will continue to shine even after he's gone.

Thank you again to everyone who contributed. We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

Love,
Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dave and Jenn,

This was such a wonderful way to say thankyou. I loved seeing the trees where you have planted them.

We Love you so much,
Cyber Nana and Papa

Anonymous said...

Wow, your trees are beautiful. Thank you so much for the pics and the story of the trees.

Mary